Zulu is a lovely boy out of our very first litter. We had always wanted a brindle male and luckily enough, he was the only one! So of course, we had to keep him. He loved to romp around with his sister Winnie and mum Juno, but he would always tell them when he had had enough of the game. He stamped his authority as alpha male very early.
He loved to run and so when he was old enough, we started to walk him but inevitably it would end up in a several kilometer jog. He never seemed to get tired and could go all day, we were worn out before he was!
A very friendly boy, if you stopped patting him he would swipe you with his front paw and wriggle on his back until you patted him again. Once this started, it was very hard to stop as he would get impatient if no pats were forthcoming. Its very hard to tell a 60kg bullmastiff no, if they think yes!
Zulu loved people, especially kids and if we were walking in a park and he saw kids 100m away, he would start wagging his tail and jump up and down in excitement.
As a brindle in the show ring, life was tough, but he loved to run around the ring as if he owned it. Zulu is a striking brindle, with an excellent topline, movement and a good head. He didn’t do too bad at shows and took out a few awards. At the very least, he made judges look at a brindle. Zulu will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Sire : Ch. Blackslate’s Boston Blend (Imp USA)
S: Blackslate’s Hot Shot (USA)
S: Am. Ch. Blackslate’s Boston Blackie (USA)
D: Am. Ch. House of Tudor’s Gold Digger (USA)
D: Seminole Forever Blackslate (USA)
S: Am. Ch. Bullberry Blackslate Gene (USA)
D: Seminole Dinah Bear (USA)
Dam : Ch. Boadicea Just You Bet
S: Ch. Powerbulmas Diditagain
S: Powerbulmas Wyat O Bargo
D: Ch. Graecia Araminta (UK)
D: Ch. Boadicea Who Is Sylvia
S: Ch. Boadicea Strauss
D: Ch. Bullalryll Eve Oredwood
All Breeds Shows
- 4th place 3-6 months Sweepstakes
- 1x Best Baby Puppy in Group
- 1x Runner Up to Best in Group
Bullmastiff Specialty Shows
- 3rd Open Dog Class – Bullmastiff Club of Qld, Championship Show, 2007
- 3rd place Australian Bred Dog Class – Bullmastiff Club of Vic, Championship Show, 2006 Critique from breed specialist judge Mr. A. Burt (VIC) “4 ½ year old brindle male with excellent body proportions. Good breadth of chest, reasonably angulated front and rear. True movement coming and going, good reach and drive from the side, holds his topline well on the move, excellent brindle colour.
- Best Brindle –Bullmastiff Club of Qld, Championship Show 2005, 2006 & 2007
- Reserve Challenge Dog & Opposite Open in Show –Bullmastiff Club of Vic, Championship Show, 2005 Critique from breed specialist judge Mr. S. Nicholas “Brindle dog, well balanced in front and coupling, well let down in front and good angle and set of shoulders. Good head with clean lines with good flat skull and good bone under and over eyes. Best overall dog in class.”
- Opposite Open in Show –Bullmastiff Club of Qld,Open Show 2005
- Best Owned, Bred, Handled –Bullmastiff Club of Qld, Championship Show, 2005
- 1st place Intermediate Dog Class & Opposite Intermediate in Show – Bullmastiff Club of VIC Championship Show, 2004 Critique from breed specialist judge Mrs D. Jobe (NZ) “Red brindle dog with typical head, dark eye, good ear carriage, well-arched neck and good forequarter. Moved well.